Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sleeping

I think it's safe to say that Kayla sleeps through the night now since she's been doing it fairly consistantly for two weeks! I thought she'd be doing it earlier than 8 and a half months old since she was such a good sleeper as a newborn. But she's still doing better than Jared did as a baby!
We did finally use the cry it out method to get her to learn how to self sooth. It took three days and the first one was pretty awful, but by the fourth day I didn't hear from her at all until 5am. That's much better then the getting-up-six-times-a-night like she was doing the week before we started letting her CIO.

She's a squirmy sleeper. Usually at the begining of the night she starts out in this position






Anf by the end of the night she's somewhere over here!

2 comments:

Leslie Anne said...

That's wonderful! I'm so excited for you guys. Harvey sleeps the same squirmy way. I had to made a sleeping bag with arms for him to keep his blankets on.

Peggy said...

Hope Kayla is still sleeping through the night....Sometimes my kids went through stages, but you're probably a better mommy, Sarah. Love you....