Thursday, October 11, 2012

Apple Muffins


I started a new thing with this year's apple harvest. Instead of just making applesauce and apple pies, I'm making a bunch of apple muffins and freezing them for easy breakfasts. I've made 8 batches so far. We've eaten a bunch of them, but I'm starting to get tired of them so they're all going in the feezer now. I'm going to love having this option on those mornings when I want something filling, but don't want to cook anything for breakfast. The secret is the yogurt, it makes them delicious!

The recipe is originally from allrecipes.com http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Apple-Yogurt-Muffins-Allrecipes

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 tsps baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 8 ozs vanilla yogurt (1 cup)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tbsps milk
  • apple
  • 1/3 cup raisins

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
  2. Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together milk, egg and butter. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Fold in chopped apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love having handy things in the freezer! And those muffins sound super tasty. Love you!