Friday, August 14, 2009

2 week update

Kayla turned 2 weeks on Wednesday. She is still sleeping most of the the time, but waking up to eat every two hours. However, she is having a lot more awake time in the mornings and early evenings. She loves to be held and would prefer to be held all day in the cradle position, although she likes being upright against the chest. I have been putting her in a sling more at home, and she'll sleep contentedly there while I do other things.

Jared has been much better with the new baby than I thought. He loves to stroke her head and wants to hold her a lot. He also gives her kisses on comand, so that's cute. Overall I think he's excited about having a baby around. I worried that he's have a hard time with the fact that I have to spend a lot of time nursing, but he's been pretty tolerate of that. He even says "Kay have milk?" sometimes. Also, he will play on his own pretty well, especially with books and puzzles, and of course balls.
Sometimes we have probelms when they both and to cuddle at the same time, but I try to hold them at the same time. And it sort of works.







We don't have any nick names for Kayla. Mostly I call her "miss Kayla," so that's kind of boring. She has grey-blue eyes, just like Jared. That makes me happy because I love blue eyes. She weighed 9lbs 7oz at her two-week doctor appointment, which is 5 oz above her birth weight. She's also a big grunter. Especially when she's waking up, but still kind of asleep. She'll grunt a lot. It's cute, but kind of annoying at 5am.
We don't have much of a routine yet, but she does seem to get really tired in the afternoon. That works out perfectly because Jared usually naps around noon, so they'll often be asleep at the same time so I can get a daily nap too. We'll see if that keeps up. I'd love that. Especially since I'm getting up 3-4 times a night now.

3 comments:

Betsy B. said...

Oh babies!! She's super cute and I loved taking naps when the boys would nap at the same time. I still do actually about once a week.

I'm glad things are going ok. We're back in Tualatin now. Once we're a little more settled I'll call you! Take care!

Amy said...

I love the brother-sister shot, but the first one is my very favorite. What an angel!!!

Peggy said...

Sarah and Nathan,
What a beautiful doll!! I love the videos, too. Thanks for sharing.