One of the things I really like about
our little town is the parades that it does for the 4th of July. They're so charming! I'd much rather go see a local parade like that then the huge crowded ones in Portland!
First, we had the kiddie parade, which always happens the Friday evening before the 4th of July. All the local organiziations that have to do with kids can be in it, so my moms club always is. The kids and I were on the float and Nathan watched on the street with his grandma (who lives in one of the assisted living facilities in town).
Kayla did a great job on the float. She waved and said "hi" the whole time and was just adorable. Jared was much more distracted by things on the float and did a lot of moving around and not staying on task. But he is a boy...
Here's our group shot. I particularly like Wesley's expression (the big kid on the bike with the grey shirt), but it gets even better when you notice his mom behind him (blue shirt and bandana) and her expression :)
No comments:
Post a Comment