We were eating a fruit smoothy made from mostly watermelon and Jared said "mom, we're drinking the watermelon's blood!" hmmm, kind of makes me lose my appetite!
She stuck her hand into her right pocket and said "my phone is ringing!" (that's the spot where I keep my phone). So I gave her one of her toy phones and in the course of finding it I found a necklace and gave it to her too. She put it on and said "I like being pretty" and proceeded to twirl around. It was so cute!
Conversation between the kids
Jared: Can you say sorry for taking my ball?
Kayla: Sorry
Jared: We were fighting!
Kayla: Yeah
Jared: But now we're happy!
Kayla: we're happy!
Jared: Can you say sorry for taking my ball?
Kayla: Sorry
Jared: We were fighting!
Kayla: Yeah
Jared: But now we're happy!
Kayla: we're happy!
We'd been back from camping for two days or so and Jared kept asking to go camping again and I said we couldn't. He replied with "but mom, there are still more sticks to find!"
I was lecturing Jared about taking a nap and how he needed to not make noise and keep his arms and legs still and close his legs and blah blah blah. Anyway, he interrupted me by saying "You're the best mom!" That sure took the wind out of my sails!
Jared told me he wanted to jump out of a plane (that's not such an oddball thing considering we only live about 10 miles from a sky dive place and you can see them jumping sometimes). I told him that he needed to be 18 years old before he can do that and he's only 4 now. Then today Kayla was talking about her balloon flying away the other day and Jared piped up and said "when I'm 18 I'm going to jump out of a plane and get Kayla's balloon!"
We were riding in the car and was examining his hands. The he asked me how many fingers he had. I told him to count them so he did "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 8 fingers!" I laughed because he didn't count his thumbs. I guess they don't exactly look like fingers..
Jared's really into the story Jack and the bean stock right now. He talks about it a lot and likes to pretend he's Jack. Anyway, he told Kayla that his name was Jack and then asked what her name was and she said "Jared." I thought it was funny. Especially his reaction of "wait, you can't be Jared..."
Jared's really into the story Jack and the bean stock right now. He talks about it a lot and likes to pretend he's Jack. Anyway, he told Kayla that his name was Jack and then asked what her name was and she said "Jared." I thought it was funny. Especially his reaction of "wait, you can't be Jared..."
Conversation between Jared and Nathan:
Jared's holding his bell that he got on the Polar Express last Christmas
Nathan: Hey, what's that?
Jared: It's my bell from Santa.
Then thinking for a moment
Jared: Do you know what mommy said?
Nathan: What?
Jared: She said at Christmas we need to get all the babies that we left at home!
Nathan: I think she meant that we're going to have a new baby at Christmas
Jared; No, that's not what she said..
Jared's holding his bell that he got on the Polar Express last Christmas
Nathan: Hey, what's that?
Jared: It's my bell from Santa.
Then thinking for a moment
Jared: Do you know what mommy said?
Nathan: What?
Jared: She said at Christmas we need to get all the babies that we left at home!
Nathan: I think she meant that we're going to have a new baby at Christmas
Jared; No, that's not what she said..
Jared was playing with a doll and wrapped it up in a blanket and said it she was his baby (he was very clear it was a girl). I asked what his baby's name was and he didn't know.
Me: Is the baby named Emily?
Jared: no...
Me: How about Kristal?
Jared: No. Her name is Jason!
Me: Is the baby named Emily?
Jared: no...
Me: How about Kristal?
Jared: No. Her name is Jason!
Kaylaisms:
Kayla was watching the veggie tales show Duke and the great pie war. I was coloring with Jared so I was facing her and could see all of her facial expressions. They were reading a letter from a little girl who was frustrated about her new baby brother and how she doesn't get enough attention since he was born. During that part Kayla got a very grumpy look on her face and started shaking her head like she was mad. That made me laugh out loud. I guess she was empathizing with that poor little girl! She'll be in that situation soon enough.
Nathan helped a member of the ward rototill her yard. When he was leaving he put on his really dirty shoes, but accidentally knocked a bunch of dried mud all over the entryway floor. Then when Kayla came downstairs she saw the clumps of dirt on the floor and excitedly (in a negative way) started shouting "messy! messy!" I asked her who she thought made the mess and she said "daddy" without hesitation.
In the bathtub Kayla was playing with the little basketball toy. She'd pick up a ball and say "red ball turn" then "green ball turn" then "yellow ball turn," ect. I thought it was totally cute.
2 comments:
I love them. Smart to write things down, since there's so much to remember!
I know! I was going to tell you about the one where Kayla's mad at the little girl getting a new baby brother because it's more funny acted out. But then the watermelon one happened and I figured I should compile them from my journal since I can't remember them all!
Post a Comment