Friday, September 12, 2008

Sept 12 - Chocolate milkshake day

Today was chocolate milkshake day. Don't beleive me? See for yourself. So Nathan got me one. But that wasn't the only fantastic thing my wonderful husband did today.

I was feeling really crappy yesterday. Jared and I have both been sick for the last few days and it was a combination of being sick and seeing Jared be sick and not getting enough rest, because Jared apparently fights sleep more when he's sick! So I was getting really stressed out. So Nathan decided not to go to work today in order to take care of Jared and give me a day off. He did a great job too. I feel so much better! Jared still had a rough day though. I hope he feels better tomorrow.

It makes me concerend though that I got so burned out. The last time I had an all day break from Jared was only a month ago, plus I also got a lot of time during Labor day weekend to have a break from him while my brother and sister-in-law and mom watched him. And now I was burned out again! Of course I was sick, but still, I just had a break! And he's only just a toddler. His level of high maintainance is only going to go up! it makes me wonder how I'm ever going to handle two or more kids. I've always wanted to have multiple kids but can I really do it? Days like yesterday make me wonder...

Anyway, kudos to my wonderful sweet husband. And thanks to his work for letting me have him today!

7 comments:

Jana said...

We all have those terrible, rotten days. Mine seem to come when other people watch them more because then I get lazy. But the upside to having more than one kid is that they play with each other, thus giving you a break sometimes. :) Don't doubt yourself. You can totally do it when you want to. And hooray for chocolate milkshakes! I wish I'd known so I could properly celebrate. :)

Sarah Webb said...

Thanks. And I figure I'll get used to it as I go along, so it wont be that bad. Just as long as I don't have twins!

Lets see if there's any other good holidays coming up;

Sept. 23 is Chocolate day. I'll be celebrating that :)

Sept. 26 is Panacake day. You'd like that.

And of course monday (Sept 15th) is wife appreciation day

Sarah Webb said...

Oh, and of course Sept 19th
Talk like a pirate day.

That one's a little more known. Nathan's work even celebrates its by everyone wearing some piratey that day.

Amy said...

Oh, I'm so glad you guys celebrate "Talk Like a Pirate" day! It's my favorite holiday, seeing as it happens on my birthday. :)

Anyway, I think that having preschoolers and then young school kids is WAAAAAAY easier than toddlers. Cassie is definitely the kid that keeps me the busiest. In fact, I feel like my life now with 6 kids is easier than my life with 2 or 3 little ones. So, you have to endure that part, but it makes you really tough and you can see how much you can really handle. You are such a good mom that you can have as many kids as you want and it will only be funner! (I think it starts getting easier when the older kids can be helpful...) (And I think no matter how many kids you have and how awesome a mom you are, you still need some time alone or with
girl friends!)

Let's celebrate Chocolate Day together long-distance!

Sorry, this was a LOOOOOONG post!

Sarah Webb said...

Oh Amy, you're so sweet.

TLPD That's your birthday!? (like my acroynm?) That is really cool!

The dad of the family we know with 12 kids said it was hard until baby 4 and then it was easy after that. I think he's a little on the crazy side in general, but they're gotta be truth in that.

It's a date. Aug 23rd!

Amy said...

You know what? I think the 4-kid-thing is true. When Annie (#4) was a baby, I was about to quit church because the kids were so naughty and noisy during Sacrament Mtg. Now I have people all the time asking me how I get my kids to be so reverent. So I agree #5 and #6 are easier. (PS- There's also a #7 coming in February!)

Deanna said...

Awwww....what a sweet guy!!!
Soo funny about the milk-shake day...LOL!! I bought some milk shakes yesterday...guess I was a few days short!!

I like your 365 challenge. I think I might try that after the first of the year!! :)

Hope everyone is felling better this Tuesday :)