It was a success. And I came in under budget, which is good because i want to spend more money on my next activity in May.
It was a good activity. Although, I don't see how it can go wrong when you're bringing/eating chocolate. I spent a good bit of time talking with some of the other moms of young kids. It turns out that Kelly (her youngest is Jared's age) is a delivery nurse (or what ever you would call it) and has access to an ultrasound machine at almost any time, so I could have gone in to see her and find out our baby's gender a few weeks ago! Bummer! I'm totally doing that next time! But hey, we only have to wait til Thursday to find out, so I can wait at this point.
I was really sick yesterday. Sore throat and stuffy nose and headache and all that. Today was better, but now my nose is raw from wiping too much and Nathan's sick too. Jared seems to have missed out, but that's fine with me. Sweet Nathan stayed home from work ysterday to help with jared so I could get some extra rest. He's such a great husband! And we're lucky that his work is so flexible
4 comments:
Chocoluck How fun... We use to love those in T2... We got a new activities committee, and they haven't kept any of the fun family things like that.... So sad.. Glad it's alive and well there!!!
And Can't wait to find out if it's a girl or boy??? (girl!!!!)
What!? No more chocolate potluck in Tigard? That's where I got the idea! What a bummer too loose!
That Chocoluck sounds SOOOOO fun (and delicious!). I'm on my ward's Activities Committee, so I'm TOTALLY recommending we do this! (Do you make anything for people who don't like chocolate? I know, it's impossible to fathom someone not liking chocolate...)
What are you talking about Amy? Who doesn't like chocolate?!
But seriously, we have found that having a fruit and a veggy tray as well is quite popular. It lets you clense your palate so you can eat more chocolate!
Also we have milk, which has been very much appreciated. This year someone brought ice cream too and that was popular and surprisingly not as messy as I thought it would be.
I envy the fact that you actually have a committee. I AM the committee in my ward. I get all the power, but all the work too. But then again its a small town and that's what happens.
Post a Comment