Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Aug 20 - Sharing

Jared has been such a joy this week! The excessive whinniness just seemed to disappear. He's been happy and easy to deal with. This is the fun part of having kids :)

He started sharing today! He's been offering me things for a while now, but he would never actually let go of whatever was in his hand, he just shoves it in my face and then pulls it away again. But today he was actually giving me things! Like letting go and everything. It was so sweet. Of course I made a big deal about it which sent him into a frenzy of grins.

The dog gets the benefit of some of that sharing action here.

I'm going to cheat today and post two pictures because I love this one so much! I cut his hair today and he was so perfect through the whole thing. No grabbing at the clippers like last time and he even sat relatively still. What a good boy!

2 comments:

Little Star said...

Very cute!!!
I'm recommending the book i'm reading to everyone i know with a son.
It's called The Good Son by Michael Gurian. It's really good, about raising a moral, considerate, compassionate and responsible son.
It's a great book, goes over the different developmental stages, what's typical at each age, best practices with dealing with the stages and needs... It goes into the biology of boys and chemistry of the brain, and what they need and what we can expect.... it really is a good read.

Sarah Webb said...

huh, sounds very much like "So you want to raise a boy?" which is a book from the 60's I got from an older man in our ward. I like it so far, so I'll have to check your out.