Monday, August 4, 2008

Aug 4 - Stray Kitten

There are a lot of stray cats in our town. This picture is one of the new kittens of one of them. Our neighbor feeds them so they hang out around her house. I recently asked her about this new batch of kittens and if she has considered taking them to the human society. You know, cause their young, cute and more adoptable right now then ever. But she said she didn't want to do that because they might end up being euthanized and that it would be better to find them homes on her own. That sounds good and all, but I don't actually think they'll get adopted out, as evidenced by all the other older stray cats that she feeds. I don't know, I may be heartless, but I think it'd be better for them to possibly get euthanized than to grow up stray. That's a hard life.

When I was in college I particpated in a thing where we caught the local stray cats and sterilized them all. It was a way for the vet students to get some expereince doing spays and neuters and also to keep the cat population under control. It was so cool. Too bad every town can't do that. Although it was funded by the University, so not every town has that.

No comments: